The Metrics module provides a very flexible and extendible way to track user behaviour and conditions within OX App Suite.
A common set of events is tracked by default. Out of the box PIWIK is supported as reference analytics framework. Every other analytics framework can be added easily by registering a new adapter within the metrics module where data and events are mapped to the special needs of the target analytics framework.
Setup Metrics within OX App Suite
Please follow theses steps to configure OX App Suite metrics + PIWIK.
The metrics framework is located in OX App Suite’s front end and can be configured by backend properties. The components and their tasks are listed as follows:
- listener/handler: waiting for events and call metrics module
- metrics module: provides a central API for tracking and propagate events to enabled adapters
- adapter: maps generic event data for a concrete analytics framework and calls their API
The parts a separated by their role/task with high flexibility and extendability in mind.
hint for development
Please note that when you are using your local ui you have to temporary disable the related check in the
isEnabled function (metrics/main.js`).
- metrics listener: waiting for a event (example: click on an ‘mail reply’)
- metrics handler: submits data to the metrics module
- metrics module: central facade with a generic API as connecting piece between event handlers and adapters
- metrics adapter: communicates with a concrete analytics framework API
// core module io.ox/metrics/main.js // adapter for each target analytics framework io.ox/metrics/adapters // adapter for PIWIK io.ox/metrics/adapters/default.js // global listeners/handlers io.ox/metrics/extensions.js
Use the following setting properties to enhance/adjust usage. Please be aware of the double slashes that are used as separator for the namespaces.
# global switch [true/false] # current default: true io.ox/core//tracking/enabled
# consider doNotTrack-flag in front end [true/false] # current default: false io.ox/core//tracking/donottrack
For more details visit the adapter article.
# ADAPTER BLOCK PIWIK: START # adapter switch (PIWIK) [true/false] # current default: true io.ox/core//tracking/piwik/enabled # platform base url [url] # current default: https://[insert-your-host-here]/piwik/ io.ox/core//tracking/piwik/url # platform page id [url] # current default: 1 io.ox/core//tracking/piwik/id # ADAPTER BLOCK PIWIK: END